Thursday, March 31, 2016

Luck as we call it


We often talk about events and involvement of destiny or luck in their happening. 'This is how its meant to be', ' You are bought together by divine powers' , ' He is the lucky one!', ' Today wasn't your day'. These phrases are a constant reminder of how at the end everything in life is pre determined and how some of us, no matter how hard we try are meant to go through heartbreaks.
And its even more frequent that we try to blame bad luck for the losses and failures in life. Even the small ones like missing a train or going to a closed ATM or Loosing your wallet. Shouldn't fate or luck be something that doesn’t come around at any time? To use the word 'luck', it should at least be a dramatic or decisive 'moment'? 
Like in stories or movies, That one red light, That one letter, That one second when they both turned and missed each other. Or in life, that one wrong answer, that one mail or message i missed, that one time when I should have said sorry and I did not, that one time when I left and I shouldn't have. 

But you see, they all are the result of your actions and plans. Every single moment of fate as we call it happens due to a decision you make or rather did not make at that right time. That’s why another word for fate is timing. That one red light you stuck on was a result of that snooze button you hit in the morning, that one wrong answer was actually the result of you being confused and not concentrated, that one letter you missed showed you were not earnest. And your luck with people is you not choosing to fight for them at the right time. That hesitation that you are not needed, that second guess your love or dedication determines fate of your relation and life.

In the end, fate and timing do not just happen out of coincidence. They are products of ardent desire and earnest, simple choices that make up remarkable moments. Being resolute, making decisions without hesitation, that is timing. That's what make your fate. 
Now that i think of, I wasn't desperate enough, and I should’ve had more courage. I should have fought. It wasn’t the luck, nor the timing that was bad...but the countless times I hesitated and waited.