Monday, October 17, 2016

Perception


It was almost midnight. The crown prince and his adviser took a break from the paperwork to get fresh air.

Adviser commented -
“Ah, so that’s what the moon looks like from the palace.”  The Prince scoffs that the moon is the same , not seeing any difference.

Adviser explained that when he was young, he lived with a theater group. He traveled with his performance troupe extensively, his home was on wheels. He’d thought that the moon looked different in every region—full in one area, crescent-shaped in another and some regions do not have a moon. He was not at the same place long enough to realize that moon changes everyday, and is same everywhere. Laughing at his childhood foible, he asks if the prince has ever entertained totally wrong ideas as a child? , to which the Prince said -

"I was even more foolish than you. When I was a child, I thought this palace was the whole world. I was born and bought up in the east wing of the palace, roaming to west quarters was an adventure for me. My naive head couldn't imagine that there can be other people and many other things outside these walls."

No comments: