He was one of the most average student and an absolutely average guy of my class. He was a good friend to me but we were never too close until came a time in my life when I lost lot of friends and he was one of them but then he pulled me back without questions and explanations.
But today I do not wish to write about my friend or what he did for me. Today I wish to write about a person who stood for his love and still managed not to go against his family.
It all begun with usual 'The boy met the girl and fell in love but the families didn't agree' chapter. They waited for 3 long years to convince everyone. A lot happened in this period and then one fine day he called me and told me they are getting married in Gayatri Mandir and I had to come. He told both the parents that they are getting married and would be grateful if they come give their blessings but will neither wait nor will change his plans.I was happy for things are moving but with obvious doubts I asked him if he is sure of what he is doing and ready for consequences and he told me - "I know what am doing. I am doing it for myself. How can I say I loved if I don't stand for it?". I knew right then that they'll make it.
Among all the loves we have in a lifetime, many can be great and gloried but only the one we stand for, survives.
I had a great time at his wedding. Both the families came eventually and blessed Bride and Groom and things sorted on a good note. He managed it all well and 'She' stood by him all the time. I bid them goodbye and gave my wishes and congratulations and came back smiling. I have a great, brave soul as a friend.

No comments:
Post a Comment