Friday, January 4, 2013

The Tale Of 2 Cities

I first moved out of home to Noida- Delhi. Its one of the 'Near Capital Regions' and the only significance of it as per my knowledge is you'll not have to pay roaming changes even if the cities belong to different states. We used to live in an army colony near prime location and a little far from office. That house had 5 balconies- 2 of them absolutely wasted but me and 'Tanku' had the one with the view of a kindergarten school. Considering the fact that me and children do not appreciate each other much, it took me by surprise how often me and 'Tanku' used to stand watch them play in puddle or their parents dropping and picking them. She used to point out the kids with cute dress or weird expressions :)

Delhi for me, is a place of seasons and food and clothes. You need to revisit your wardrobe each season as the clothes you wear in summers are of no use in winters and vice versa and everyone around you values a well dressed person. We used to shop and eat and roam all around the place, sometimes used to pay 500 bucks for a rickshaw to buy a 200 bucks t-shirt but it was fun. I often think about my last days and tanku's last bday with me. We shopped all day long at Canaught Place, ate junk and we saw the 'magenta sunset' from the Central park. She have such an impact on me and the place is the reason for my infinity towards shopping, clothes and sunsets. I learned am capable of certain emotions I never knew existed. I met great people, fell in love, and learned alot in job Also I get to know not all the people are worth our affection or trust and then... I moved to Hyderabad.

I was extremely sure and positive about moving to Hyderabad and I don't know why. I should have been scared and sad but i was not. I remember I left 'Mushu' on the bed with a note for 'Tanku' and it was for a flick of second I felt I am loosing a piece of myself but otherwise I was really happy with no sense of loss even without knowing what kinna city or job am getting into.


Hyderabad.. The words cant be enough to share my experience. It gave me everything and I am thankful for every bit of it. I emerged a better, skilled, flexible person. I met some of the best people who stood for me and changed my life.
I got married and I remember the very first day in 'My Home' far away from city near a lake. Me and My husband, We used to sit on the water tank on the roof for hours with food and coffee watching birds fly over the lake and cars running on highway and the sun setting changing the colors of sky around. But above all, Hyderabad for me was all about realizing my strength and weaknesses. I learned am perfectly capable of being with myself, I love my work and that no one in this world deserve your blind faith as no one is god.

They say 'Its just a phase, It'll pass' and I know what it means now. We learn from each phases of life. I am sure life would have been a lot different if i had started with Hyderabad and then would have moved to Delhi. But it was meant to be this way. I was meant to be changed and formed this way by these cities and my time in them, As 'It was the best of the times, and it was the worst of the times'


1 comment:

tanu said...
This comment has been removed by the author.