When you read a story, every person's reaction and thought process is explicitly written and explained, even the one he is just thinking but not saying or doing. When that happen in real life? Atleast not with me. I have no idea what I was feeling or thinking at the time of major events of my life. I was always too consumed in making things right.
I was born and bought up at the same place before I moved out for job. Leaving my home, my family behind for the first time was a big event but I cant remember what was my emotional state. Was I sad? happy? nervous? I remember I used to miss the view out of my window of that peepal tree and the flowers I painted below my book shelf but not sure how I was feeling. I moved to many cities since, got married, travelled around alot without any memory of the moments I lived while making and setting things right.
Its later in life I decided to hold and absorb the events and register my thoughts well so that I can remember and relive them. One of best one is from New York City- Three of us were sitting on a bench on a deserted sort of lane as it was pretty late at night. I had 'R' resting her head on my left shoulder and 'A' sitting on my right telling me how this all seems so unreal. I replied to her - "I know! Who ever thought we'll be sitting here, talking like this." and I smiled.
I exactly know what I was feeling then, I was happy, calm and more than anything I was hopeful as it made me believe in the magic of life, and that unpredictable can be good.
I was born and bought up at the same place before I moved out for job. Leaving my home, my family behind for the first time was a big event but I cant remember what was my emotional state. Was I sad? happy? nervous? I remember I used to miss the view out of my window of that peepal tree and the flowers I painted below my book shelf but not sure how I was feeling. I moved to many cities since, got married, travelled around alot without any memory of the moments I lived while making and setting things right.
Its later in life I decided to hold and absorb the events and register my thoughts well so that I can remember and relive them. One of best one is from New York City- Three of us were sitting on a bench on a deserted sort of lane as it was pretty late at night. I had 'R' resting her head on my left shoulder and 'A' sitting on my right telling me how this all seems so unreal. I replied to her - "I know! Who ever thought we'll be sitting here, talking like this." and I smiled.
I exactly know what I was feeling then, I was happy, calm and more than anything I was hopeful as it made me believe in the magic of life, and that unpredictable can be good.
1 comment:
wow..
easy.. simple.. and good
no heavy words, no hidden thoughts. just simple and serene.. as good as the scenery you described..
Post a Comment