Can be a lucky day 4 him, sun was shining bright, had enough food. Our dear grasshopper was taking nap under a dandelion flower and dreaming about winning the annual jumping race. His name was every where, he took a grt jump, just miss the moon.
But dreamz and reality…a boy came 4m nowhere and tried to grab his hind limb. He tried to jump, broke his leg, caught n even before he could realize was put into an upside down glass jug with a floor of cotton and sum bread crumbs on the window rim.
He would hav think about where he is n wats going on, if his leg was nt hurting!! He was in immense pain n there came some house flies (hf)…
1st hf.- ”See See!!!!(With grinning smile!!)Finally got a lesson, used to irritate us with his violin and songs, justice done !! ”
2nd hf- ”But wat happened to his leg??? It looks like he is….”
Grasshopper came in between…”Hello ladies!! What a wonderful day out there!! May I accompany u???”
1st hf- “Ur talking to us????(in girlish attitude) What are u doing here??”
Grasshopper said- “now what can I say!! I am this year’s winner of annual jump tournament!! They gifted me with this glass house..”
2nd hf said- ”Wat??? U hav been gifted with this house?? We thought..”
1st one interrupted-“we think ur been punished!!”
Grasshopper replied- “Me punished!!! With this comfort and coziness, u really think so?? See my dream palace..see how beautiful world looks 4m here, no cold no fight 4 food!!! ”
House files get jealous but they hurried cause Mrs. Spider came there..
Mrs. Spider gave a look to the glass house n then to the grasshopper, she asked-
“What the hell on the earth is this???????”
Grasshopper replied- “G’monin m’am!! I am the famous ‘grasshopper’ from the music world”
Mrs. Spider asked- “But Why have u been caged???n wat happened to ur leg??”
He replied with usual politness- “Actually I was giving a concert n my fans, u see they love me a lot..tring to take my autograph n I my leg get stuch in the crowd.. I am in this glass house 4 rest!!! My leg went for medication! ”
Mrs. Spider didn’t like this- “Even I weave well but nobody praises me!! This is not fare!!! I will raise voice, u been so popular n enjoying this comfort no body think about my talent!!!”.. n murmuring these words she left!!
Grasshopper sat down n gave a look to his leg!! He finally got time to think about the pain..and here comes miss butterfly….
Bubbly, innocent Miss. Butterfly…..
“Ohhh my god!!!!!!!!!! U can be so rude!!!! This is not justice, what have u done?????poor poor fellow!!”
Grasshopper recollect all his strength n greet “Hello miss. How r u today????”
Miss butterfly was nt in mood, she said- “I hav complete sympathy with u!!!! How all this happen????ur leg n this cage??”
Grasshopper said- “Leave all this..tell me dear.. Why r u looking pale today. Ur beautiful pink colour is not at its charm?? Any problem???”
Miss butterfly get scared n forget all her worries about our hero- “Wat???? M I looking pale???oh my god!!! Its that pesticide they spay on cabbages, m I looking spotty also???”
Before grasshopper replied she flew murmuring about different medicines and therapies she would take to save her skin n herself.
Grasshopper gets tiered. His pain was getting over his words… he was about to sit back when he saw a caterpillar crwling to him with several feet altogether.…
This hurts him. Hurts him in deep, that pain grows and starts flowing through his eyes.. Suddenly he realized, he can no longer continue this happy–go-lucky attitude, he cant fool himself. Its enough..he can no longer pretend, cant made more stories..
He broke down- “oh mother nature..is what ur justice is?? U gave 40 legs 2 ur one son n other is lame just cause his one broken leg!!” the tears were steaming down his eyes..
Caterpillar was through with the scene.He said..”Bro!! What’s grt if I hav 40 feet, a hen can run n beat me anywz!! Mother Nature blessed every one with something distinct!! We all have different habits N needs. But this HEART is wat with everybody.. Which loves, give courage ,cares n my dear grasshopper u have a heart of gold, ur courage and optimism, ur care 4 unknown people is over hundreds n thousands of legs.. What ur worried of????”
“Thank you!! Buddy!!” Grasshopper wiped his tears and was obliged. “I’ll never forget ur words.U draw me back!! I know Mother Nature loves all her children and she’ll take care of me!! Who can think better 4 a child but his mother!!” He picked his violin back and started playing the song…
I sing on to u my lord!!
So wat if its from this glass house!!
I know u can hear my heart!!
When I am true to you!
Sun still shines on me.
Moonshine kisses my cheeks..
My violin fed my soul
When I am true to you!!
Love you my lord, n this life u gave
Don’t need any reason 4 wat I am here
why to be unhappy..
As I was n I’ll be true to you!!!
4 comments:
Time 10 pm , a house in suburb of some distant city
As we go inside the kid bedroom ... a mother is reading some story to her 5 year old boy ... and as we listened closely they were singing the famous grasshopper song ;)
Beautiful, splendid .. short and sweet story with a moral, coupla publishers down ur blog and sure it will make its way in some kids book :) sacchi ....
correct...i agree...
a very nice story...
That was a really gud story...i c a J.K. Rowling in u....but I cant relate the characters....
ahm ahm....
well aap to pehele se hi kahaniyan banane mein mahir ho so what a big deal in this story????
waise achchi hai.....
Post a Comment