Wednesday, January 23, 2013

Grown up talks


"Remember when you were a kid and your biggest worry was like, if you'd get a bike for your birthday or if you'd get to eat cookies for breakfast? Being an adult....Totally Overrated."

I was no different as a kid. I too couldn't wait to grow up and do things the way I want. How I fancied the investment banker lead of a RomCom, running across NYC streets to get a D-Caf, Light milk mocha latte and reading the newspaper heading in the middle as he is getting late for an important meeting. Unlike many girls of my age, I wanted to be that guy rather than marrying him someday :P. I was my prince charming, rather there was no place for any such character. Provided the fact that there was a time I wanted to be a cop, then a doctor and eventually went ahead and became an engineer, I might be bad at deciding a carrier but I understood one thing sooner that whatever I do, wherever I'll be, I gotta stay busy to keep my hyper active mind occupied. :)

Sometimes we are so conscious not to do something that we actually end up doing the same without realizing it.

I know now how much burden we have being in charge of our life. The responsibility that our decisions and acts can be the cause of others happiness and sadness is so consuming. And how can I not mention the faith and hope I lost over the years.

I wish I could go back and let my parents take all the credit and all the blames. I wish I could be that optimistic kid who had all the faith of being the hero of her life. 

When did I grew up? and How do I stop it?

3 comments:

Abhinav said...

" I wish I could go back and let my parents take all the credit and all the blames. I wish I could be that optimistic kid who had all the faith of being the hero of her life. "

ha ha.. wish that was possible.. going back into the zone of no heavy shoulders..

Me said...

Sigh!! There is no PAUSE button, no REWIND either..

Abhinav said...

who knows.. may be there is one..